Sandwiched between the Pacific Ocean on one side and the mighty Andes Mountain Range on the other, Chile is your eternal diamond in the rough. If you are a true connoisseur of unexplored beaches or exotic seafood, then Chile can be that dream destination that you never even thought about!
Many theories abound as to the origin of the name Chile. One source cites this as a corruption of the name ‘Tili’ that belonged to a tribal chief. Another theory has its roots in a native american word that means ‘ends of the earth’. These various theories only enhance the fact that Chile has had an amalgamation of various cultures which has diversified the country and made it more open to western influences. This has been a boon as ever since the turn of the 20th century, there has been a development drive and now Chile boasts facilites and amenties that are at par with the rest of the world. No one can leave these shores behind without taking back with them a plethora of memories and moments that will last till the end of time.
Now that we have you hooked the question is what to do? Need some help? Why not see the list of Top Sights in Chile below and decide for yourself!
* The Torres del Paine are three imposing granite towers in the Torres del Paine National Park and serve as the showstoppers. Apart from the mesmerising views afforded from them, the park also boasts of numerous lakes and glaciers and wildlife in the form of pumas and thousands of species of birds.
* The Central Coast Beaches are the perfect getaway for domestic and international travellers alike. The humongous 78 thousand kilometer coastline makes it easy to find that exact cozy spot for you and your family. Amazing seafood and asado(native barbeque) will cater to your every whim and fancy.
* Cousino Macul and Concha y Toro Wineries are the two oldest and historic wineries in the country. Established in 1856 and 1883 respectively, the quality and taste standards are as old as the wineries themselves. Guided tours are also availble which explain the whole wine making process and add knowledge to the fun!
* Hike the W is one of most famous trails in the Torres del Paine and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding natural habitat. The trail takes about 3-4 hours, however for the more adventurous, there is also the complete trail on offer which takes about 5 days.
* Fly fishing on the Rio Maullin is a great way to relax and indulge in some engaging angling! Daily half day tours run to provide tourists to try their luck and catch some big game.
* The Valle de la Luna is perfectly named. The unique rock and sandstone formations create a landscape that mimics the surface of the moon! Best times to visit are sunset and sunrise when the slanting rays create myriad colors over the sky and it is an amazing experince to watch the moon shine over the valley.
These are just some snippets of what this beautiful country has to offer. Come to Chile and find yourself by getting lost in this paradise!